The Dungga Waa Djuya Mat (meaning ?show and tell?) is designed by Aboriginal artist Kristy Anderson to enrich and encourage Aboriginal perspective in classrooms. From Biami, the spiritual god and the creator of mother earth to the women?s tools the digging sticks, Dilly Bag and Coolamon this resource creates deep and meaningful connections with Aboriginal heritage and tradition. Suitable for the Bee-Bot® or Blue-Bot®. Features 25 images of authentic drawings.
1. STARS / BIRUBI ?Stars were used for mapping purposes to tell direction and they are used in
stories of the dreaming.
2. WITCHETTY GRUB & MANGROVE WORM / BALAY?The witchetty grub and the mangrove worm are bush tucker the grub is found in the ground and surroundings and the worm is found in the bottom
of the mangrove tree.
3. SNAKE TRACKS / BUTAN TRACKS?
These symbols represent the tracks of the snake.
4. WOMEN?S TOOLS / GITHI?Digging sticks, Dilly Bag and Coolamon are very useful tools in collecting food and carrying baby.
5. GOANNA TOTEM / GIRRIWA?Goanna totem.
6. KANGAROO TRACKS / WAMBUYN TRACKS?
These symbols represent the symbols of the kangaroo.
7. KANGAROO / WAMBUYN?This is a picture of a Kangaroo it is a great food source and it is an animal totem for a specific area or family.
8. BUSH POTATO & NUTS / WAMBAY?
The bush potato and nuts are bush tucker they can be found under the ground and on trees and plants.
9. FISH / GUPIRR?This is a picture of a Fish it is a great food source and it is an animal totem for a specific area or family.
10. WOMEN?S MEETING / YALAWANYI ?
Four women sitting / meeting.
11. TURTLE / GURAA?This is a picture of a Turtle it is a great food source and is an animal totem for a specific area or family.
12. HONEY ANT / GIIYN?The Honey Ant is bush tucker you can find them in the ant?s nest or crawling along the ground.
13. SNAKE / BUTAN?This is a picture of a snake it is a great food source and is an animal totem for a specific area or family.
14. RUNNING WATER WITH WATER HOLE / GUUNG?This is the symbol for running
water with a water hole.
15. MOTHER WITH BABY / NAYIRI-DHALAY?
Mother with child the creation of life.
16. MENS TOOLS / BARGAN?Spear, Boomerang, Fishing net are very useful tools in hunting and gathering.
17. TURTLE TRACKS / GURAA TRACKS?These symbols represent the tracks of the turtle.
18. BUSH BERRIES / MARU?Bush Berries are a bush tucker found on many different trees and bushes.
19. BIAMI / BURALIYAMAYA?Biami is the spiritual god and the creator of mother earth.
20. EMU TOTEM / MITUKIT?Emu totem.
21. FIREPLACE / GUYALBANG?
Fireplace for warmth.
22. HANDS / DUBANG?Hands used to
heal and feel.
23. CRAB TOTEM / DJIRAA?Crab totem.
24. FEET / DJINA?Feet use for dance and travel.
25. TRAVELING / NGURRA?Traveling with a resting place.
Measures 75 H x 75cm W.
|Minimum Recommended Age