Easter activities don't always need to be about art & craft.
However, many of our art & craft resources can be used in new ways to achieve educational outcomes, whilst still celebrating and getting into the spirit of Easter.
Why not try our Easter Puppet Show activity in your classroom!
1. Cut the side off an old large cardboard box and cut a whole in the centre. This will be you puppet show stage.
2. Decorate the box whoever you like. We wrapped it in brown kraft paper, made grass using green abaca mesh, created a sky, clouds and sun from coloured paper and added flowers using stickers. We then decorated the rest using our Easter Paint Sponges and paint.
3. Create your Easter puppets. We decorated our Educational Experience Chicken Heads (463164), Educational Experience Bunny Heads (463155) and attached our Educational Experience Hiant Natural Popsticks (488926) We also used our Educational Experience Wooden Rabbit Craft Sticks and decorated them.
Another great puppet option is to use our Moveable Bunny (515425) and Paper Fasteners (515210) together to create a moving, grooving bunny!
4. Set the rest of the scene for your show. We used our Educational Experience large Wooden Bunny (420705) and Wooden Easter Diorama (516074) for props.
5. Create your show! Let your children use their imagination and creativity to act our various festive Easter stories!
For more Easter inspiration, don't forget to read our 2019 Term 1 edition of edextras: your inspiration publication.
Moveable Bunny Pack of 20$8.90 $9.79